Stotfold Old Baptist Church was planted in 1832 when eight members of Biggleswade Baptist Church transferred to Stotfold to join an already existing Sunday School in the village to form a local congregation. Land and an old barn was purchased for £110 (sited off Rook Tree Lane).
In December 1832 a deed of covenant was established forming the church in its own right, and Samuel Stanbridge was ordained as the first pastor. Over the following 150 years the church grew steadily and In September 1967 it moved into new purpose built premises on its current site on The Green.
In recent years King’s Baptist Church has sought to reach out into the wider community of Bedfordshire and North Herts through planting new churches (King's Community Church in Letchworth & Fairfield Community Church); supporting existing ones through challenging times (eg: Sandy Baptist Church); and establishing a number of other initiatives for sharing the gospel, including Christian Initiative in Schools (CIS) based in Letchworth and the Need Project Central Bedfordshire (NP).
Both CIS and the NP now function as independent charities in their own right, although they remain closely associated with KBC.
King’s Baptist Church is a member of:
The Baptist Union of Great Britain (BUGB)
The Evangelical Alliance
King’s Baptist Church: "Proclaiming Jesus Christ in today's world"
More information can be found on the following pages:
King’s Baptist Church, Stotfold